Today we bring you some new local music from Central Illinois metalcore band Noesis. The band released a new EP, Sin Splitter earlier this summer before they embarked out on a tour to the west coast. You can stream that 5-track release on the player embedded below.
Noesis do not have any shows currently lined up at Black Sheep.
Today we bring you a video of one of the greatest bands of all time performing on our very own Black Sheep state last month. That is “It’s Me: Ross” the band from Columbia, Missouri. No one was at the show so we are sharing this video with all of you so you can almost experience the same live music concert experience from your very own couch. The song is called “I Got The Blues” which comes from the band’s second full length album you can find in its entirety right here. Find the video on the player below. The show was also with Rella, Bottom Bracket, and Special Death.
Also check out our vids/pics page for a good amount of live performances caught on video at The Black Sheep from over the years.
Yes, with our most recent announcement a week or so ago about us entering a difficult time, and the front page State Journal-Register story, a lot of you may have a lot on your mind. It’s been a minute since we have hosted a Black Sheep roundtable meeting, but here we are having one tonight at 7:00 pm. You can expect about an hour of this to be solid meeting points, and maybe around another hour of discussion and things fizzle off around there. Here’s what you can expect tonight:
- Us reiterating the position we are in right now. We will be happy to further explain to all of you interested a breakdown of our operating costs and how much we need to make per show to keep up with them.
- The importance of coming to shows.
- We’ll also be more than willing to explain our show booking process in depth, especially to those who are interested in starting to help set up shows. This is a process we are open to hearing details to fine-tune, but not necessarily something we are wanting to completely change.
- If you want to come with ideas, that is great and we will listen to them all, but also not the main point of us having this meeting.
- Further discussion on what YOU can do to get more involved or help improve our space.
Wow, it looks like things are really getting serious for The Black Sheep and the times we are in because today we made the front page of local paper The State Journal-Register with an article titled “All Ages Music Club Facing A Dark Time.” The article was written by Steven Spearie, who interviews co-owners Brian Galecki and BJ Pearce as well as NIL8 frontman Jeff Williams about Black Sheep. Pick up the Sunday paper at a gas station near you today for $3 or find the article online right here. From the article:
“We have a history, a culture in Springfield, a community that’s been around and we have stories to tell that can last a lifetime,” contended Pearce. ”(Black Sheep) is going to be around if people choose to attend shows.
“It’s a spot unlike anywhere else in the Midwest.”
We will also be holding a roundtable meeting inside Black Sheep at 7:00 pm tonight to further discuss topics going on in the article, and what’s next for us in these dark times.